[Brussels, 07 October 2011] Recent developments have shown that policies and work towards gender equality face new challenges related to men’s role and demands. Reflecting on men, masculinities and men’s movements is therefore of crucial need for women’s organisations. The European Women’s Lobby is delighted to organise a European debate on how to work with men and involve them in the struggle for gender equality.
The other half of gender – Masculinities and men’s role towards equality
Saturday 22 October 2011, 15h30 - 18h30
The Hotel, Boulevard de Waterloo 38, Brussels
Speakers will include:
- Content and outcomes of research on masculinities - Tomas Wetterberg, Chairperson, Men for Gender Equality in Sweden, Sweden
- Content and outcomes of research on masculinism - Francis-Dupuis Déri, Researcher, University of Québec in Montréal (UQAM)
- Impact of anti-feminism on the field of domestic violence intervention - Mélissa Blais, Researcher, University of Québec in Montréal (UQAM)
- Men and feminism: challenges and opportunities - Valérie Lootvoet, Director, Université des Femmes, Belgium
- Relationship between men and gender equality policy - Jouni Varanka, Former Expert for the Gender Equality Unit of the Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
- Building alliances with feminist men - Matt McCormack Evans, Founder of the Anti Porn Men Project, UK
Space is limited! Please reserve your seat by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 October 2011.
With the support of the Belgium Institute for Equality between Women and Men (IEFH) and Vleva.