The European Women’s Lobby is delighted to invite you to meet the feminists from across Europe who are attending the first ever Young Feminist Summer School in Brussels.
Join us in welcoming the next generation of change-makers on Thursday 3rd September at Bravo from 7.30pm!
Address: Rue d’Alost, 7, Brussels
Entry: €5 including 1 free glass of Cava
All donations go directly to support the AGORA Summer School
See the full invitation here
More about the feminist summer school
The AGORA, a young feminist summer school that will take place from 3rd to 6th September 2015 in Brussels, Belgium!
Why a feminist summer school?
The EWL has witnessed a new generation of young feminists rising up, innovating and rebooting the fight for equality! A lot of new organisations, initiatives, and campaigns have been flourishing throughout Europe. A 4th wave on feminism on its way! We see many opportunities to strengthen the connection between these activists across Europe and with EWL itself.
Therefore, as a creative way to bridge this gap and hear the voice of young feminists, we decided to organise the first European Feminist Summer School, which will aim to:
- Reconnect and reinforce young European women’s activism
- Set up a creative space for young feminist change agents
- Build solidarity and empower young feminist activists
- Work across borders to amplify feminism in Europe and the feminist network
- Enable the EWL to know more about the interests and needs of young feminists and bring these more into the centre of EWL’s future strategy and actions
- A space to exchange, to inspire, to reinforce the skills.
- The programme will be partly shaped by the participants upstream.
- It will be hybrid between space for the participants and facilitating by the EWL.
- Activities: workshops, skills-sharing, expertise...